Cornmeal - a ground dried corn can be white, yellow, blue or red, depending on the color of the corn used, and can be ground coarse, medium or fine. Internationally cornmeal has been showcased as a side dish and has even appeared as the main course.
Did you know that...
Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia served with Cheesy Polenta
-2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cornmeal
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour [divided]
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Fish seasoning
-4 (6-ounce) Tilapia Fillets
- Cooking Spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all the dried ingredients and place. Combine 2 tablespoons water and egg in a shallow dish. Place half of the flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with fish seasoning. Dredge fish in flour; dip in egg mixture. Place fish in cornmeal mixture, turning to coat.
3. Arrange fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done. Serve with sauce and polenta
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Combine coconut milk, water, salt and seasoning in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Gradually add cornmeal, stirring constantly with a whisk.
3. Reduce heat to low, and cook 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in Parmesan cheese and butter.