Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
YIELD: Serves 8 People
- 1-2lb. chicken (deboned)
- 2 large white onions
- 1 pint mushroom
- 6 ozs. blue cheese
- Salt pepper to taste
- 1 pk. bacon
- Homemade marinade: In a blender place 2 stalks skellion, 3 stems parsley, 1 scotch bonnet pepper, ½ head of garlic, 1 cup vegetable oil – Blend until smooth
- Pour homemade marinade onto chicken & massage in. Add Salt & Pepper to taste
- Over medium heat carmelize diced onions with 4 tbsp olive oil until soft n translucent – add salt & pepper for flavor
- Set aside for 2 hrs.
- Cook mushrooms until soft and combine with carmelized onions.
- On Baking sheet lined with foil, place bacon strips.
- Place deboned chicken (skin side down) on top of bacon strips, fill cavity with onion mushroom mixture and crumbled blue cheese.
- Roll chicken into a roulade wrapped in bacon lined foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Remove foil, turn oven to 400 degrees and return chicken to oven frequently basting with drippings until done.
Slice & Serve!