This Indian-fusion meal is a popular option across Indian restaurants in Jamaica. However, you do not need to dine out to enjoy it. Use the recipe below to make your own Chicken Tikka meal at home.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
YIELD: 4 Servings
- 6 ozs. plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 Teaspoon tumeric powder
- Juice 1 lemon
- 8 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 inch grated ginger
- red food colouring
- 4 chicken breasts cubed
- 4 tbsp. mustard oil
Guava Glaze Directions
- Mix the spices,2 tbsp mustard oil, colouring, lemon juice, ginger and
- garlic up into a paste with a little water and stir in well with the yogurt to make a tandoori marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the marinade for 2-6 hours. Preheat the oven to it’s highest heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Shake off excess marinade and
- place chicken pieces on skewers on a wire rack in the oven.
- Baste with 2 tbsp. mustard oil.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes and check
- the chicken is cooked by piercing
- the thickest piece with a skewer, if the
- juices run clear it’s cooked.
Serve with a wedge of lemon.