Eggs benedict is a great breakfast option in many parts of the world and Jamaican is no different. Use the recipe below to make this quick and easy dish for Breakfast or Brunch.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 1 Serving (per potato)
- 2 eggs sunny-side-up
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 cup steamed calaloo ·
- 2 cocktail bammies
- 2 sprigs parsley, for garnish
- vegetable oil ·
- 2 tbsp. butter
Sunny Side-Up Eggs: –
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet and heat.
- Break eggs one at a time into a saucer and
- place into skillet.
- Cook eggs over low heat until whites are firm and yolks are soft, or to desired degree of doneness
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the eggs are cooking, in a separate skillet fry bacon until slightly crispy.
- Fry cocktail bammies and place on plates
- Top each cocktail bammy with 2 slices of bacon, steamed calaloo and set an egg on top
- Garnish with parsley & serve immediately.
Serve and enjoy!