Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
YIELD: 6 Servings
- 4 cups Fresh Lima Beans, removed from skin
- 2 qt. water
- 2 tbsp. salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallion
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ scotch bonnet, seeded and
- 1 tbsp. diced fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped oregano
- juice of 3 limes or 4 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Boil lima beans in salted water for 15 – 20 minutes till cooked and drain.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a pan and add lima beans in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan– sauté them till the skin splits and they are slightly browned.
- Once finished heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in the same pan – add onions, scallion, scotch bonnet, diced garlic rosemary and oregano and sauté till cooked.
- Add beans back to pan toss with seasonings and season with salt and pepper. Transfer from pot to a serving dish, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and fresh lime juice.
- Mix and re-season as necessary.
- Top with crumbled feta and fresh oregano as a garnish. Serve hot or room temperature.
Serve and enjoy!