Popular and uniquely Jamaican drinks like this Carrot and Guinness delight are very foody in nature. So, not only are they tasty and offer up all that you expect from a cocktail, many of them are nutritious by virtue of their ingredients and they often offer up the
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
- 2 pounds whole carrots
- 5 cups water
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 bottle Guinness or Dragon stout
- 1 cup vanilla supligen or nutrament
- 1 shot of rum (optional)
- 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Wash, and chop carrots into about 1 inch pieces, making sure to discard the tops and possibly tips of carrots. put carrots to boil in 5 cups water after the carrots are cooked put aside to cool as the liquid will be needed to blend the juice.
- Place cooked carrot in a blender and add enough water to cover about 3 inches over carrots, (you might have to do this in batches.) making sure you still have at least an inch of space from the top of the blender.
- Begin pulsing to liquify. strain Juice thru a fine sieve strainer. Stir in vanilla, condensed milk, supligen nutmeg and rum (if use) Serve over ice and enjoy.
- The juice may need to be shaken before pouring.
Serve and enjoy!