Corn Pork is a popular Jamaican dish that is loved all across the island. This recipe is relatively easy to prepare.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 40 Minutes
YIELD: 3 Servings
- 1 lb. Corned Pork, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks Escallion, finely diced
- 2 Plummy Tomatoes, diced
- 1 green Sweet Pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, deseeded and diced
- Black Pepper to taste
- Place corned pork in a pot of water & bring to a boil to get rid of excess salt.
- Drain the corn pork & place in a pressure cooker with water & one half of seasonings (except for sweet pepper). Cook until tender.
- Heat large frying pan with a tip of cooking oil over medium heat. Add pork pieces and fry for until golden brown.
- Add remaining onion, garlic, escallion, tomatoes, scotch bonnet & sweet pepper mix well and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Season with black pepper to taste and cook for a few more minutes
- Serve with your choice of fried or boiled dumplings, yellow yam & boiled green bananas