Who doesn’t love a fruity cooler? That’s just what this featured Jamaican Drink offers up. This Jamaican Guinep Juice is not only refreshing and tasty but very healthy. The fruit is full of:
- Fibre for lowering cholesterol and preventing constipation,
- Vitamin A that boosts your immune system and prevents formation of urinary stones
- Vitamin C which is very important as a great antioxidant.
Here’s how to make it in the comfort of your own home!
- Guineps (as many as needed – the more guinep you use the better the flavour)
- 1 inch piece ginger, blended and strained
- 1 litre water
- 1 lime, juiced
- Remove the guinep skin and place the fruit into a medium bowl.
- In a medium pot bring water to a boil then pour over guinep and leave for 20 minutes or until cool
- Make sure your hands are very clean, then get in their and rub the pulp from the seeds .
- Massage all those fruits to get the flesh release in the water to let lose there juices. Then strained mixture add juice from one lime, sweetened to taste.