Pigtail is a staple in Jamaican dishes like Stew Peas and a popular, flavourful additive to others. This particular dish is a really great new way to prepare pigtails.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 1 Hour
YIELD: 2 Servings
- 16 oz. pig’s tail
- 1/2 jerk marinade (your favourite brand)
- 1/2 cup strong Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee
- 1/4 cup honey
- Prepare pig’s tail. Wash and cut at joints
- Boil for 45 minutes and drain
- Season with jerk marinade.
- Grill the pig’s tail for 2 minutes on each side Best done on an outdoor grill, otherwise preheat your grill pan.
- Boil Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee and honey until reduced by half and syrupy
- Pour sauce over pig’s tail