This loved dessert and filling tart is as flavourful as it is colourful. Best of all, it is easy to make and share with loved ones. We share the recipe below.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
YIELD: 6 Servings (per potato)
- 1lb short crust pastry
- 3 ripe plantains
- 1 cup sugar
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1tbsp vanilla
- 1tsp red food coloring
- Cut ripe plantains in small pieces and cook in boiling water until tender.
- Remove plantain from boiling water and place into a bowl crush with a fork.
- Add sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon powder,vanilla and red food coloring.
- Mix to combine.
- Roll the short crust pastry out on a floured surface to a 1/4inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into circles with a 6 inch round cutter.
- Brush the edge of each dough circle with ice water(this will seal the pastry)
- Add 2 tbsp of plantain filling to each dough circle
- Close to seal in filling.
- Place on a cookie tray. Brust with egg wash . Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375F for 15 to 20 minutes
Serve and enjoy!