Jamaican Pumpkin Rice can be considered a part of the island’s tapestry of Traditional Cuisine. This spicy and flavourful version is brought to you by the Pop Up Gourmet Jamaica Team as a quick and easy option you can make in the comfort of your own homes.
Here’s how you can make it at home!
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 cups Pumpkin (diced)
- Coconut Milk (enough to top rice by an inch or so)
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 2 stalks Skellion (finely diced)
- 1 tsp. Vegetable Seasoning
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper (whole)
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a pot.
- Cover and cook over medium until rice is cooked