As the popular saying goes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and this Sweet Potato Pudding is no different.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
YIELD: 1-12 inch pudding
- 3 lb sweet potatoes grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp rum
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup rum cream
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease cake tin with butter and set aside.
- Place the above pudding ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour pudding batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove pudding from oven.remove foil.
- Add extra coconut milk.(see
- Increase the oven temp to 375F.
- Bake pudding for 30 minutes more.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Serve and enjoy!