Walkerswood Jerk Centre in Walkerswood, St. Ann is one of Jamaica’s premier jerk spots and one of the few places we would trust with such a different kind of jerk meal. We are happy to bring you this really great recipe from them.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: —
- 2.5kg/5lb Boned leg of lamb or lamb
- 3 tbsp. Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Salt to tast
For Jerk Sauce
- 1 head Garlic, unpeeled
- 175g/6oz Walkerswood Guava Jelly or red currant jelly
- 3 tbsp. White Wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Cilantro (Coriander), chopped 3/4 cup olive oil
- Rub salt and jerk seasoning into the lamb thoroughly.
- Cover and marinate in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Roll up and tie the leg of lamb in three places to secure. Roast for
- 45minutes (medium rare) If using cutlets grill for 8-10minutes on both sides.
- Roast the head of garlic for about 45minutes.
- Crush the soft inside of garlic cloves into a saucepan.
- Add all the other ingredients for the sauce and stir.
- Bring to the boil, making sure the guava jelly has melted completely. Simmer
- and allow to reduce by half.
- Allow the lamb to rest for 10minutes before carving. Slice the lamb and
- glaze with the warm sauce.
- Serve 8 – 10