Although not an exclusively Jamaican dish, loaded baked potatoes (and its close cousin loaded fries) are super popular across the islands at many restaurants and food spots. Who can blame us really? This meal option is tasty, filling, and affordable.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
YIELD: 1 Serving (per potato)
- 1 Large potato
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese – I used a blend
- 2 strips of Bacon – cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sour cream – optional
- Scrub the potato, and prick several times with the tines of a fork. Place on a plate.
- Fry bacon until crispy and lay on a sheet of paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Cook on full power in the microwave for 6 minutes. Turn over, and continue to cook for 4 more minutes. When the potato is soft, remove from the microwave, and cut half way slices across. Season with salt and pepper. Top the open sides with butter and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Turn oven on Broil and bake for about 1 minute.
- Top with Bacon, chives and serve!
Serve and Enjoy!