“Anybody can make you enjoy the first bite of a dish, but only a real chef can make you enjoy the last.” – Francois Minot. These are the words that fuel Chef Winston “Pastry Bear” Murdock’s passion and pursuit for Culinary Excellence.
A Certified Chef de Patisserie & Certified Chef de Cuisine, Chef Murdock whose love affair with pastry and desserts began at the Runaway Bay Heart Hotel & Training Institute was a member of the Bronze and Gold winning Jamaica Culinary Teams to taste of the Caribbean 2010 & 11 in Puerto Rico and Florida respectively and is currently the Pastry Chef at the newly formed exclusive hotel group – the Geejam Collection in Port Antonio.
Chef Murdock has won numerous awards which include:
- Gold Medal Confectionaire…World Skills 2008
- Most Outstanding in Hospitality …..World Skill 2008
- Pastry Chef of the Year ……Taste of Jamaica 2010
- Best Overall Dessert ……Taste of Jamaica 2010
- Silver Medal Pastry Chef of the Year………Taste of Jamaica 2011