Executive Chef Dennis McIntosh has over twenty-eight years of Culinary Arts experience in leading hotels of the world. Promoting Jamaica as a culinary destination by linking the Culinary Arts with the overall tourism product is his vision and he has utilized his extensive experience in the industry to develop and train Hospitality Professionals for the future.
Chef McIntosh is dedicated to assisting team members & Educational Institutions to develop staff/students to excel in the industry and is passionate about food trends & the global expectation of our visitors to Jamaica.
Awards and Achievements
- Diploma from City and Guilds 705, 706/1, 706/2
- HACCP Certificate
- Working knowledge of French and German
- Serv-Safe Certification
- Hospitality Train the Trainer Program
- Manager and Trainer of Jamaica’s Junior Culinary Team in Miami in 1998
- Gold Medal received at the Bermuda Agricultural Show 1998
- 2000 Les Toques Blanche, Chefs Biggest Achievement of the Year
- Chef of the Year 2000-2001 and 2001-2002, Jamaica Observer’s Annual Table Talk
- Food Award
- The first Leader of the Quarter, The Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall 2001
- 2001 – Joint Team Manager of the Ritz-Carlton Culinary Team that recorded a 99% success at the Jamaica Cultural Development Commission Culinary Show in Ocho Rios, St. Ann
- 2001 – Observer Table Talk-Best Chef
- 2002 – Observer Table Talk-Chef of the Year
- 2003 – Team Captain Taste of the Caribbean Jamaica “Highest-Scoring Team”
- Winner of multiple medals and awards at the JCDC Culinary Competition
- Membership Chairman, Les Toques Blanches Jamaica
- California U.S. Meat Export Federation Culinary award
- Winner of the inaugural Canada Garland Cook Off
- Team Coach of the 2003 Jamaica National Culinary Team for the Taste of the Caribbean competitions.
- Silver medal winner at Taste of the Caribbean for Team Jamaica in Miami 2006.
- Jamaica’s guest chef to South Africa 2007
- Jamaica’s guest chef to Zaragosa Spain Expo 2008
- President of Culinary Federation of Jamaica 2007/2010/2014