Jacqui Tyson is an articulate dynamic Jamaican with a sound footing in the Food & Beverage Industry and the Fashion & Beauty trade in Jamaica and the Caribbean for over 20 years. She has offered services to both Private Sector and Governments such as coordination and project management services in the development of specific areas. She has been trained in Jamaica and Switzerland and has conducted in-house training and seminars for Food and Beverage personnel in the areas of menu development recipe creation and “restaurant turn around”. As a transformational culinary artist, she brings a whole new twist to Event execution, “tablescape” designs, and catering.
Her Unique Culinary Style- Using Jamaican foods and vegetables using our authentic cooking methods fused with European cooking principles, bringing a new twist to Yard-style favorite’s. The end result is a signature culinary style sweetly dubbed “From Yard style to Gourmet”- The Fusion.
- Restaurant Operations – successfully developed and co-created the award winning restaurant – Restaurant at Temple Hall Great house 1994 to 1997
- The Restaurant Harmony Hall – Ocho Rios 1994 – 1996 La Tratorria Jamaican -1997-1999
- Liguanea Club Restaurant –Recipient of The Jamaica Observer Table Talk Nomination in 2005 – Lunch Spot of the Year and Best Caterer of the Year
- Selected operator for Food and Beverage Operations for International Seabed Conferences 2008, 2009,2010,2012, 2013
- Current Concessionaire for the provision of meals for all conferences/seminars held at the Jamaica Conference Centre, with a staff of over 25 persons full time and 45 freelancers.
- Currently operates the Sea Breeze Restaurant located at the Jamaica Conference Centre
- Also operates the Jacqui Tyson – from Yardstyle to Gourmet Concessionaire at the Digicel Head Office, Downtown.
- Current concessionaire for the provision of meals at the USA Embassy staff canteen.
- The Jamaica Observer Concessionaire is also operated by the Jacqui Tyson Franchise Responsible for Food and beverage- planning direction, concept and execution for major National events such as The Jamaica Broilers Group 50 Fest island wide celebrations in 2008.”And the festival Fun in the Son -2006-2013
Other Corporate Clients include:
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- University of the West Indies
- Host for PBCJa “Food for Thought” 2011 cooking series.
- Lead event planer and creative force behind Event of the year – Shaggy and Friends 2009 and 2011
- Co-creator and co-host of the popular monthly “BRUNCH AND RHYTHM” – a Grand Champagne brunch held in a transformed car park on Kingston’s waterfront –Downtown.
- Participated in several INTERNATIONAL CULINARY SHOWCASES – “DEMO CHEF”. Sponsored by the Caribbean Culinary Foundation
- Trained with and is also a member of the American Culinary Foundation (A.C.F.) and the Caribbean Culinary Foundation (C.C.F). Caribbean Hotel Association and Caribbean Export Development Agency
Recent International Awards:
- Taste the Caribbean –Fiesta mart-Houston – TEXAS – 2010
- Fancy Food Show – Washington -2012
- May 2012 -“Jamaica 50 Award from the National Newspaper- THE JAMAICA OBSERVER for establishing an International culinary platform for her brand while promoting – Brand Jamaica