While apples are being reduced they give off a flowery aroma, unlike no other fruit. Simple but Unique Dish! A great example of how we can enjoy what we grow! You will remember two things about this dish ‘Flavor and Aroma”
Here’s how you can make it in the comfort of your own home!
PREP TIME: 1 1/2 Hours
YIELD: 3 Servings
- 2 large Jamaican (Otaheite) Apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Short Crust pastry dough
- Red food coloring
- 2 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 2 tsp. Ginger
- Orange for garnish
- Water to dissolve sugar and corn starch
- In a saucepan add sugar and ginger until dissolve.
- Add coloring and diced apples until forms a thick jelly.
- Roll pastry dough cut in desired shape place filling in center and seal ends.
- Decorate with orange slice and jelly.
Serve and enjoy!