Hungry and don’t have a lot of time, but feel for something spicy and flavourful? If yes, then you are at the right place. This Quick Fix is right up your alley.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 2 Servings
- 2 cups water
- 4 scotch bonnet peppers or habanero chiles, halved
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole pimento
- 1 pound uncooked (deveined) large shrimp, unpeeled
- Combine water, Scotch bonnet or habanero chiles, green onions,
- thyme, crushed garlic, salt, bay leaf, and allspice in
- heavy large saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes to
- blend flavors.
- Add shrimp and bring to boil. Remove pan from heat; let stand
- until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Drain, discarding liquid.
- Transfer shrimp to bowl and serve warm or at room temperature, allowing diners to peel their own shrimp
Serve and enjoy!