If you love ice cream, rum, and fruits, then you will absolutely love this dessert option.
Here’s how you can make it in the comfort of your own home!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Rum raisin ice cream
- 4 cups chopped tropical fruit (such as pineapple, mango, papaya, and
- Toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch-diameter spring form pan with 3-inch-high sides.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, and salt in large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix 1 cup water and vanilla extract in measuring cup. Fold flour
- mixture into butter mixture in 3 additions alternately with water mixture in 2 additions.
- Transfer batter to prepared spring form pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on rack. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
Increase heat to medium-high. Boil without stirring until sauce is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- DO AHEAD Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm slightly before continuing.
- Remove sides from cake pan. Slice cake.
- Place 1 wedge on each plate.
- Place scoop of ice cream alongside.
- Spoon chopped tropical fruit alongside.
- Drizzle cake with sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans
Serve and enjoy!