Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 2-3 Servings
- 4 cups of basil leaves
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ to ¾ cup of olive oil
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, place all the ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Pulse the ingredients until your get a nice blending of all the ingredients.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture comes together. T
- aste and adjust the salt and pepper and also the lemon.
- Depending on how lemony you like your pesto, you may wish to add another tablespoon of juice.
Serve and enjoy! Use immediately or store in the fridge or freezer in a tightly sealed container. Enjoy with pasta, potatoes, on pizza, on sandwiches or veggies.