As the popular saying goes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and this Sweet Potato Pudding is no different.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
YIELD: 2-3 Servings
- 1 ½ cups of baking flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ cup cold pressed coconut oil
- 4-7 tbsp ice cold water
- 6 otaheite apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl, measure out your flour, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Slowly add the coconut oil and rub it into the flour with your fingertips until you get a mixture that resembles small peas.
- Add the ice water until the dough begins to come together. Place the dough in the refrigerator for an hour before using it. Once it is ready to use, sprinkle your work space with flour and roll out the dough into a round.
- The dough should be about ¼” thick. Place it into a pie dish.
- Wash and cut your apples in half lengthwise. Leave the skin on.
- Add all the other ingredients and leave them to drain for the hour that you are waiting on the prepared dough. The apples contain a lot of water and it is best to let some of that water dissipate before using them as your filling.
- Once your apples are ready, arrange the slices in the pie dish and instead of cutting off the extra dough, fold the dough neatly around the apples to make an opening in the center.
- Sprinkle with a little extra brown sugar if you are so inclined and then bake it in the oven at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you would like your crust to be.
Serve WARM and enjoy!