Walkerswood Jerk Centre in Walkerswood, St. Ann is one of Jamaica’s premier jerk spots and one of the few places we would trust with such a different kind of jerk meal. We are happy to bring you this really great recipe from them.
Here’s how you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (30 ml)
- 20 crab legs, cracked 8 thin slices of ginger
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning (5 ml)
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons water (30 ml)
- 1/4 cup flat parsley (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon butter (15 ml)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C).
- In an oven-proof skillet, heat the oil and sauté the crab legs with the jerk spice, rosemary and ginger.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice. Add the squeezed lime to the skillet. Add water and toss to coat the crab.
- Put in the oven and cook for 4-5 minutes until the crab heats through and is flavoured with spices and herbs.
- Add butter and toss with parsley and celery leaves. Season with salt and pepper and serve.